CIT for dispatch is a comprehensive 4-day, 32-hour training session designed to prepare and empower emergency dispatchers to recognize and understand the signs/symptoms of mental illness. This includes depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and anxiety disorders, as well as other associated illnesses including developmental & cognitive disorders and dementia.
Highlights of training include:
- Curriculum purposely built to overcome the constraints of the emergency dispatcher.
- Phone techniques to deploy de-escalation for the mental health consumer in crisis
- Skills to assist individuals in crisis
- Community resources available to you as well as mental health consumer and families.
- Wellness for first responders
- CIT dispatch certification
This training works to both reduce stigma surround mental illness and the need for further involvement with the criminal justice system.
Please contact Sunnie Hirschfield of NAMI Wuakesha for questions.
E: email@example.com or Ph: (262) 409-2750
Click here to register